Ending a marriage is often overwhelming. With so many decisions to make, deciding which proceeding is likely to be most beneficial to you and your family often falls by the wayside. Qualified Cincinnati dissolution attorney John Heilbrun can answer questions and provide guidance on the advantages of ending your marriage by dissolution as opposed to by divorce.
When debating between dissolution and divorce, there are a number of questions you can ask yourself to determine which process makes the most sense for you. Your spouse should ask himself or herself the same questions, and your respective attorneys can provide separate counsel on the matter.
Some of the questions to consider include:
- What is both parties’ preferred timeframe for ending the marriage?
- What is your financial state during a process that often proves financially challenging?
- Is the relationship with your spouse too acrimonious, or will the two of you be able to work together to resolve all issues without a court telling you how?
- Are both parties willing to disclose all material information fully and honestly to the other party?
- Are both parties capable of jointly resolving all issues relevant to the end of the marriage, including allocation of assets and debts, spousal support (alimony), and dividing parental responsibilities such as child custody and support issues?
Our Cincinnati lawyer can explain the pros and cons of each process for ending a marriage, and how the advantages and disadvantages could apply to your case. To learn more about the difference between divorce and dissolution, please contact The Law Office of John Heilbrun or call 513-321-3940 today to schedule your initial consultation.