According to multiple studies, divorce consultations and filings tend to spike during the first few months of every new year. If you live in Blue Ash or Hyde Park and other parts of the Cincinnati area, and you’re thinking about ending your marriage, divorce attorney John Heilbrun can guide you through the process.
There are many theories for why so many couples tend to start the process of ending their marriages from January through March. Maybe it is because most couples who have not already started the process do not want to do so during the holidays. In some cases, the decision to end the marriage may result from the pressure of the holidays taking its toll on couples already facing difficulties. In other cases it could be related to various financial and tax considerations. Ultimately, though, when you begin the process of ending your marriage or file for divorce, it is a personal decision.
With all of the changes that will occur as a result of the decision to terminate your marriage, it is important to consult with an experienced lawyer to understand what to expect during and after the divorce process. John Heilbrun has more than 30 years of experience counseling clients in Blue Ash, Hyde Park and other parts of the Greater Cincinnati area and helping them through the complexities of divorce or dissolution.
During your initial consultation, Mr. Heilbrun can answer your questions about divorce or dissolution, such as:
- What costs are involved in the divorce or dissolution process?
- How long do you think it will take to finalize my divorce or dissolution case?
- How might divorce or dissolution affect my children?
- What rights and obligations will my spouse and I have in connection with our children after our divorce or dissolution?
- How will our property and debts be divided?
- Will I be entitled to receive or pay alimony (spousal support)?
- How will divorce or dissolution affect my day-to-day life from a financial standpoint?
To find out more about how our Cincinnati divorce attorney can help you through the often stressful process of ending your marriage, please contact the Law Office of John Heilbrun or call 513-321-3940 today to schedule your initial consultation.